Architecture
PlanningInterior Design
Courthouse Square
Wheaton, Illinois
The National Register-listed 1896 DuPage County Courthouse building is an important marker of the political and economic development of DuPage County and contributes to a select group of historic county courthouse buildings throughout the State.
Read more...
 
Courthouse Square
Wheaton, Illinois
The National Register-listed 1896 DuPage County Courthouse building is an important marker of the political and economic development of DuPage County and contributes to a select group of historic county courthouse buildings throughout the State.

Antunovich Associates’ restoration of the Courthouse’s exterior recaptured its 1896 appearance. The East building elevation was returned to the citizens of Wheaton after being covered for over 55 years. Previously, a 5-story Jail Annex, constructed in 1953, obscured the building’s east elevation. The restoration project removed this unsightly Annex and methodically restored the exterior red clay brick walls with red terra-cotta details, the red clay-tile roof with dormer windows, and the clock tower terra-cotta elements. The adaptive reuse of interior has created elegant residential condominiums while preserving the original central open grand stair and hallways with terrazzo floors and marble wainscoting.

The Courthouse Square Development is complemented by new European-style rowhouses at the site’s perimeter and the former State’s Attorney’s Office Building, whose exterior has been restored, and its interior renovated as club/house amenity space for the development.
Hide
 
Courthouse SquareCourthouse SquareCourthouse SquareCourthouse SquareCourthouse Square