DePaul University purchased the Goldblatt Department Store on State Street and developed the building into a mixed-use occupancy. The former A.M. Rothschild & Company Store, constructed in 1912, has been placed on the National Historic Register. The building has been renamed "DePaul Center" and contains retail floors, commercial office floors, and DePaul University's new Loop Campus on the upper six floors.
Antunovich Associates collaborated with DePaul University to renovate the upper six floors of DePaul Center, approximately 300,000 square feet. The facilities provide a new home for the College of Commerce, the Kellstadt Graduate School of Business and the Library for DePaul's Loop Campus. State-of-the-art classroom facilities and a new conference center are also provided. Student services have been upgraded by providing new administrative offices along with an entire floor devoted to a new Student Union and complete food service facilities. A feature of the new building is two double-story atriums that provide students, faculty, staff and alumni with exciting spaces to mingle and exchange ideas.