Conway Mansion

Location:Chicago, Illinois
Client: Sacred Heart School
 
Project description: Antunovich Associates lead a comprehensive restoration of the Conway Mansion on Chicago's north side, which was designed by William Carbys Zimmerman for the family of Richard F. Conway in 1906. Mr. Conway was a successful Chicagoan whose construction company built Lake Shore Drive. Upon completion of the restoration project, the building was renamed The Driehaus Center at the Conway Mansion.

The team completed a full restoration of the building's exterior and interior, rehabilitating it for special events and meeting space with additional offices for Sacred Heart Schools. New and or improved components include the brick and limestone facade, the clay tile roof and cornices designed to match the historic elements, new wood windows that replicate the originals, and new restroom facilities for events. Historic finishes such as mosaic tiles, carved woodwork, wood floors, plaster details, and decorative painted surfaces were restored in the public areas.The house is one of the last surviving historically significant single-family residences that stood amongst the many now-demolished elegant mansions that once lined Sheridan Road, a prominent thoroughfare on the shore of Lake Michigan.

Chicago
224 West Huron Street, Suite 7E
Chicago, Illinois 60654
phone: 312. 266. 1126

Washington, D.C.
1144 3rd Street NE
Washington, DC 20002
phone: 202. 540. 1144

Los Angeles
9724 Washington Boulevard, Suite 200
Culver City, California 90232
phone: 310. 237. 0600

© 2017 Antunovich Associates